|Doctoral||PhD||HBEH||Fall*||December 14, 2021**|
|Fall Graduate School FellowshipsDecember 14, 2021||December 14, 2021 (Recommended)|
|Director of Graduate Admissions||Kate Muessig, Director of Doctoral Admissions (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Graduate Coordinator||TBD (email@example.com)|
CB# 7440, 358C Rosenau Hall
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
GRE not required
|Letters of Recommendation||3|
|International Applicants Only||TOEFL or IELTS score (no more than two years old)
Completed financial certificate
In addition to the University’s required application materials, applicants should review the information below for additional expectations or application requirements.
Two-Step Application Process
SOPHAS application requirements
This is a two-step process. All applicants should apply directly to SOPHAS at https://sophas.org/. Once your SOPHAS application has been received by UNC-Chapel Hill, you will receive an email in 3-5 business days with instructions for completing the UNC Graduate School supplemental application. Most information will be imported from SOPHAS; however, you will be asked to answer residency and honor code questions, upload a copy of your unofficial transcripts and pay The Graduate School application fee. Applicants who complete only the SOPHAS application will not be considered for admission.
**Applicants must complete the SOPHAS application and submit all required documents by December 1, 2021. The application includes:
Statement of Purpose
Please upload a double-spaced statement of purpose of up to 1500 words. The essay should
1. Explain how your academic and personal background contribute to your understanding of the
2. Describe your research experience in health behavior or other fields related to public health.
3. Tell us about research interests you would like to pursue during your doctoral studies.
4. Outline your long-term career goals and how receiving training in our doctoral program could
5. Indicate up to 3 faculty you would be interested in working with and why. Our faculty and
6. Optional: As you are comfortable, describe how you will contribute to the diversity of the
7. Optional: Include information about any extenuating circumstances that might be reflected in
*For all programs, the Department only admits students in the Fall semester.