Media and Communication
|Programs||Degrees||Major Codes||Admissions and Funding|
|Doctoral||PhD||MECO||Fall||December 14, 2021|
|Master’s||MA||MECO||Fall||December 14, 2021|
|Director of Graduate Admissions||Dr. Heidi Hennink-Kaminski (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Graduate Program Coordinator||Ann Schmitt (email@example.com)|
|Address||Hussman School of Journalism and Media
CB# 3365, Carroll Hall
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
|Test Requirements||No scores are required for 2022 admissions. If applicants choose to submit valid GRE scores, the admissions committee will review them.|
|Letters of Recommendation||3|
|International Applicants Only||TOEFL or IELTS score (no more than two years old)
Completed financial certificate
In addition to the University’s required application materials, applicants should review the information below for additional expectations or application requirements.
1. Every applicant should select an area of interest.
2. The statement of purpose should describe the applicant’s background, career goals and areas of research or professional interest. It should be double-spaced and no more than four pages long.
3. Doctoral applicants are required to list at least three Hussman school faculty members in the Faculty Interest section of the Program Supplement page.
4. Applicants must upload a writing sample in the Supplemental Document(s) – Required section of the Program Supplement page. Doctoral applicants should submit an academic paper or a chapter from their master’s thesis. Master’s applicants may submit an academic paper, news article(s), marketing plan or other representative piece of writing.
5. The Roy H. Park Fellowships are the primary source of funding for Hussman School Ph.D students. Ph.D applicants who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply for Park Fellowships by submitting an additional essay in the Supplemental Document – Optional section of the Program Supplement page. Guidelines for this essay are available at http://hussman.unc.edu/park-fellowships. For all other Hussman School and UNC Graduate School funding, applicants will be automatically considered for any packages for which they are eligible, with no additional