Media and Communication
|Programs||Degrees||Major Codes||Admissions and Funding|
|Doctoral||PhD||MECO||Fall||December 15, 2020|
|Master’s||MA||MECO||Fall||December 15, 2020|
|Director of Graduate Admissions||Dr. Heidi Hennink-Kaminski (email@example.com)|
|Graduate Program Coordinator||Ann Schmitt (firstname.lastname@example.org)|
|Address||Hussman School of Journalism and Media
CB# 3365, Carroll Hall
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599
|Test Requirements||No scores are required for 2021 admissions. If applicants choose to submit valid GRE scores, the admissions committee will review them.|
|Letters of Recommendation||3|
|International Applicants Only||TOEFL or IELTS score (no more than two years old)
Completed financial certificate
In addition to the University’s required application materials, applicants should review the information below for additional expectations or application requirements.
1. Every applicant should select an area of interest.
2. The statement of purpose should describe the applicant’s background, career goals and areas of research or professional interest. It should be double-spaced and no more than four pages long.
3. Doctoral applicants are required to list at least three Hussman school faculty members in the Faculty Interest section of the Program Supplement page.
4. Applicants must upload a writing sample in the Supplemental Document(s) – Required section of the Program Supplement page. Doctoral applicants should submit an academic paper or a chapter from their master’s thesis. Master’s applicants may submit an academic paper, news article(s), marketing plan or other representative piece of writing.
5. Master’s applicants to the Visual Communication area of interest must submit a portfolio of their work in the Supplemental Document(s) – Required section of the Program Supplement page.
6. The Roy H. Park Fellowships are the primary source of funding for